Full Terms and Conditions
Room Booking Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions detailed below apply to all Room Bookings at MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant.
When you make a booking, your contract (which shall include these terms and conditions) will be with MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant, Balaknath Road, Upper Tapovan, Rishikesh 249192, Uttarakhand (referred to in these terms and conditions as “ MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant “).
All rates featured on the MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant Website are offered subject to availability and MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant reserves the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
- All prices shown online are in INR per room per night (unless otherwise stated) based on 2 people sharing a room for one or more consecutive night stays. All prices exclude Taxes at the current prevailing rate.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. However, your price is guaranteed once you are given a confirmation number.
- For the avoidance of doubt, your price does not include any incidental charges, which you may incur during your stay. Such charges will be payable by you on your departure and, in the event that you fail to pay any such incidental charges, it is a condition of your contract with MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant that you irrevocably authorize MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant to debit your credit or debit card (see ‘Deposits and Pre-payments’ below) for the amount of any shortfall.
What the Price Includes
- Website prices include 2 single bed rooms (single room) with AC/heaters and attached bathroom.
The prices shown online are not valid in conjunction with any other offer and, until you have received your confirmation number, are subject to change without prior notice.
- Availability of rooms at the rates shown online may be limited and/or restricted to certain periods.
- During major sporting events, social events, conferences and exhibitions, the same rates may not be available.
Individual guests using a room are charged the standard per room rate, as shown online.
Standard occupancy of all our rooms are 3 persons- 2 adults and 1 child(under the age of 4). Maximum occupancy is 4 persons. The fourth person would be chargeable.
Car parking is free, but at some times there is limited availability. For further information on parking availability please call the hotel direct. Parking is at owners risk.
Checking In and Out
- Hotel rooms are available from 13.00 PM on the day of arrival.
- Rooms must be vacated by 11.00 AM on the day of departure, unless otherwise sanctioned at the discretion of the hotel manager.
- Late checkout’s are chargeable.
Note: At the time of check in all guests staying at the hotel must have valid ID proof with them. For India Nationals that includes- passport, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voting card or Drivers license. For Foreign nationals a valid passport and visa of India.
- Book on-line at www.mvtindia.com.
- Front Desk (+91 999-77-24666) is available to take your booking 7 days a week from 8.00 AM to 21.00 PM.
- Our Central Reservations Team (+91 999-77-98666, firstname.lastname@example.org) available between 10:00 AM to 18:00 PM.
- If you make a booking through MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant Central Reservations or direct with the hotel, you maybe asked to guarantee your booking with a valid debit/ credit card.
Booking terms & conditions
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age, possess the legal authority to enter into the legal agreement constituted by your acceptance of these Conditions and to use the Site in accordance with such Conditions. You agree to supervise all usage by minors of this Site under your name or account. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your household in using this Site is true and accurate and without limitation, or any false or fraudulent reservations.
You agree to be financially responsible for your use of the Site including without limitation for all reservations made by you or on your account for you, whether authorized by you or not. For any reservations or other services for which fees may be charged you agree to abide by the terms or conditions of supply including without limitation payment of all moneys due under such terms or conditions.
Deposits and Pre-Payments
- A deposit or a pre payment (of a minimum of 50% of the reservation total) may be required and, where required, will be taken, at the time of booking, in accordance with the provisions applying to the room and rate selected by you.
- In any event, you may be required to guarantee your booking with a valid credit or debit card at the time of booking.
- Payment (where no deposit or prepayment is required or otherwise of any balance due) will be taken upon departure. In the event of cancellation payment will be taken in accordance with our cancellation terms. See “Cancellations and Amendments” below for details.
Balance of Monies Outstanding
- On arrival the hotel will ask you clear all outstanding dues on your reservation.
- Prior to your departure from the hotel you will be required to settle your all bills that have not been settled till then.
- On arrival you may be asked to produce a valid debit or credit card for the hotel to take an imprint.
- If you are settling your account in cash, you may be asked for a deposit to cover the cost of your room for your stay (and any extras which you may incur in the hotel will not be chargeable to your room account).
- MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant accept most major credit cards, including MasterCard & Visa.
Cancellations and Amendments
Hotel Reservation Service does not charge any cancellation fee for rooms that have not been confirmed. However once your room has been confirmed, you are subject to the cancellation policies as explained below.
A Fees of Rs.400 per room will apply to the booking. (Any reduction in the number of nights or rooms or booking amount will be termed as cancellation and cancellation charges will apply accordingly).
The cancellation policy below applies to all bookings. It must be clearly understood that any policies dictated by the hotel will always take precedent over the policy stated here. We will of course inform you clearly and completely if this is the case with your booking.
- 100% refund in case of Cancellation 20 days before arrival date.
- 50% refund in case of Cancellation 10 days before arrival date.
- 25% refund in case of Cancellation 5 days before arrival date.
- No refund in case of Cancellation within 5 days of arrival date.
- No refund once you have checked in if you want to leave before your checkout date.
- Any funds received from outside of India for bookings cannot be refunded outside of India.
Note: All Refund Transfer charges shall be charged from guest account, If any.
Cancel by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com with the word “CANCEL” in the subject line and quoting your name and arrival date and booking confirmation number (if given). Our utmost concern is that you get maximum refund back. Failure to do so will result in you being subject to the conditions described above so it is imperative that you let us know as early as possible. Extension of stay: Be sure to make your reservation for the full duration of your stay. If you do need to extend your booking after arrival, you will need to contact our Reservations office as the hotel will not offer you these discount prices (Hotel may charge you rates applicable as on date).
Shortening your stay:
MVT, Guesthouse & Restaurant offers some flexibility with regard to this issue. However, as a facilitator MVT, Guesthouse & Restaurant has to abide by the hotel policies. You have to e-mail the hotel 14 days before arrival, clearly specifying the dates of shortening your stay and the refund amount from the hotel. Otherwise, you shall be charged as per the actual number of nights as mentioned at the time of advance booking
No Show (Non-use of reservation):
In case you do not utilize your reservation and fail to contact us to cancel it in a stipulated time period as specified above, we would not be in a position to return you any amount pertaining to your booking. The reason for this is that the room in the hotel is booked in your name, and the hotel cannot let the room be occupied by anyone else. The room is held unoccupied up to 24 hours. Thus, even if you do not show up the hotel will charge room reservation charges from us.
NOTE: No refund on cancellation for any bookings during February 1st ~ 31st March, May 1st ~ June 30th & October 1st ~ November 30th.
Complaints or Comments
Any complaint or comment regarding a stay at our hotel should be made in the first instance to the hotel’s duty manager at the time of your stay so that it can be resolved at the time. Problems which cannot be resolved there and then should be notified in writing to the General Manager, MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant, Rishikesh.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained online, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured online at any time.
- MVT Guesthouse and Restaurant shall not be responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer arising out of events beyond its control or the control of its suppliers (including, without limitation, fire, failure of electrical, gas or other power supplies, strikes, industrial action, terrorist activity, technical problems with transport, illness of entertainers and bad weather), nor for any curtailment, cancellation or change to any accommodation, activity or itinerary or any other consequences which arise as a result of such events.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to attempt to exclude or limit the Company’s liability for the death or personal injury of any person caused by the negligence of the Company or its employees, servants or agents or to attempt to exclude or limit the Company’s liability in any manner which would be unlawful.
- These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time.
- These terms and conditions shall be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction of Rishikesh.